Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bodyworlds2

On MLK Day, Dr. Djonz, LizCee and I went to Body Worlds. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, LizCee said she'd like to go, I got the tickets, then Dr. Djonz decided to come along, so I got a ticket for him, then LizCee wanted to drop out, but I persuaded her to come along. It was a rainy day, and the exhibition (and the TM) was crowded. I told LizCee that we had to have a debriefing afterwards, which we did at a local chicken place, though none of us had chicken.
Our conclusions after seeing plastinated ex-people displayed and sometimes flayed:
1. We saw the exhibition, we got our money's worth,but we probably won't go out of our way to see something similar again.
2. We won't volunteer for plastination.
3. We're glad we don't have to know all the names for all the parts.
I found the plastination appeared more dessicated than in photos. When I began to describe the X-woman, TeePee told be to stop. I liked the intricacies of the nervous system.

No comments: