Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Future of Learning Manifesto (Thing 7)

Stephen Abram's blog alerted me to Christian Long's Future of Learning Manifesto which has been circulating by educators and librarians for about a week. If you consider yourself an educator (I do), it's worth looking at and pondering. It's roughly an exhange between a student (high school/community college) and instructor and has some interesting points about the use of technology. Beware! You may react strongly! Don't let it get you down!
Here's the short version:

"The Future of Learning" Manifesto (draft #1 -- 1.4.07) -- The shortened version:
1. "Playing Small Does Not Serve the World." 2. What Would Socrates Do? 3. Nobody Cares if You Walked Up Hill Both Ways Barefoot in the Snow. 4. Got Passion? If Not, I'll Tell You What To Care About. 5. My Memory Is Only As Big As My Heart. Otherwise, I'll Stick with Google. 6. Look it Up or Die. 7. Collaboration Ain't About Holding Hands. It’s about Going Cool Places Fast. 8. This Will Go Down on Your Permanent Record. 9. It Ain't About the Technology. It's About Being Inside the Story. 10. Nobody Knows the Answer. Get Comfy with the Questions

LaSeal

No comments: