Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Love LibraryThing. (Thing 19)


I've used my LibraryThing account to keep track of books (mainly fiction) that I've read or that the various book groups I belong to are reading. (For more details on what I've read and what I've done with them, click on Random Books from my library on the sidebar.) It's wonderful to have all this cataloging information available and be able to add it all by typing in the title. I've explored some of the groups, but haven't joined in the conversations. If I had time, I'd use it to catalog my own library of mostly nonfiction. I set up another account on to try to track others who were reading books I was reading on a certain subject; I found records, but little comment or discussion, though I know I could always start a new group. Interesting lists and tags, though I prefer Amazon to explore what's out and available on the subject as well as read comments and reviews.