Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Six months on


It's been six months since I set up this blog and made my first post. It's been rewarding to find out by trial and error how these web applications work. At first I feared that I'd crash the system or that some one with clout would reprimand me for doing something unethical as a public servant. Although I haven't made blog posts on everything that I've explored, I've covered most of the 23 things and more. I've started another blog (with permissions) as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends around the world. So far this new venture doesn't look like it will fly very far; it's up and running, but most of my correspondents prefer email. Still, I have hopes.

Downsides of all this.
More user ids, passwords and web aps to keep track of.
Self-editing -- I try to be cautious with my emails, even the generic emails I send to family and friends, but I'm even more cautious with what I put on blogs. One caveat for blogging is :"You are responsible for your own future." I may have thought that as LaSeal Djonz I was creating a new identity, but it's also obvious to anyone who knows who I am. Yes, a hacker could easily recover anything I've put out on the internet, but googling LaSeal in the future might also be incriminating if I ever run for office. (Not much of a chance!) .

I'll have more to say about technology and Learning 2.0 later. Stay tuned.

No comments: