Thursday, February 15, 2007

Shingleback goes to the sandbox:Wikis and PBwikis (16 and 17)




My first introduction to Wikis was through the Wikipedia -- a great source, though knew that content was variable and could be changed at any time. Usually Wikipedia information is adequate enough for me to get an idea of the concept and go to other sources of information.

My experiences with using and manipulating Wikis have been limited. I've added a few items (including shingleback) to the Wiki sandbox. I also worked on some entries for a wiki that some of my colleagues put up before they knew Learning 2.0 was featuring wikis. PBwiki has just changed its editor -- a change in the right direction, making additing and editing and deleting a whole lot easier. My own PBwiki plays around with the Top questions .
Wikis could be useful if integrated into catalogs. A good way to put together a work in progress, such as a program, a policy or procedure.
I'm impressed with Nancy Pearl's Book Lust Wiki and would like to try Wetpaint!

No comments: