Thursday, February 03, 2011

Research project: What will I do?

I've just read the two examples that Dr. Beach provided -- one topic anger management, the other nutrition and now I feel anxious. The report writing style is off puting . I've spent much time trying to write simply and researchese, while, not unfamiliar, just seems verbose. To put the project in simple terms: Describe a problem and then work out a way to test a solution. My mind goes in all directions. I can identify with the adult student years ago who came up to the library reference desk and insisted I choose a topic for her. What am I passionate about? I've spent energy trying to damp down passion and live in the moment. How can I relate this project to what I know? Bibliotherapy? Relaxation? Breathing? Listening? Stress reduction techniques? -- these could be methods of intervention (solution); now I'm thinking backwards. And what do I really know of classrooms, education programs, ? I've seen my life as exceptional, in the way that my experiences differ from the average and now I'm wondering what I can give. Methods of Assessment? Statistics -- ugh?

No comments: