Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thus far along the path

I'll turn my paper in on Monday. At the moment it's mostly finished and laid out according to APA 6. I'm at home and Dr. Djonz is now reading my paper --which may be a mistake. There's always going to be room for improvement."It's not a research paper " the voice within me says. Okay, let's call it a baseline for further improvement. This week during a slow time at the reference desk I spoke with Frank who's studying online with Walden University working on a PhD. It's his second year and he's just spent a week working on a paper on qualitative methods. He agreed that thinking about the project of a PhD is overwhelming, but manageable when taken as a series of small steps. He felt he was struggling at first, but he can see now how far he's progressed. Sometimes taking the big picture can be daunting, so take it step by step (puzzle piece by puzzle piece?

No comments: