Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wrapping up

It's time to end this portion of LaSeal Djonz's blog written as her journal for EDCO 215. Months ago I was concerned about whether I could go back to university and do postgraduate work. This course was doable, despite my fears and concerns about the research project proposal. I did spend more time than I would have liked (just about everything else was on hold) working on the project. I've learned not to be overwhelmed by the big picture, but to take one step at a time. This class has been both a good review of counseling theories and an introduction to areas of counseling.
What to do next? I need to get more involved as a volunteer in different areas of counseling, with supervision. I need to be able to work within a group discussing my fears and concerns. I have a lot to learn, but this is an area where I can use what I've learned in helping others. It's been a step forward and an interesting learning experience.

No comments: